Friday, January 16, 2004

Jeez, I didn't think this week would ever end.

Before we left for Vietnam Hirose-sensei phoned me about a presentation we had to do for the conference next week. She said not to worry, we could work on it when I got back. So this week has been Big Time Preperation Week, which mostly involved me sitting around with my thumbs in my bumb, drinking green tea while Hirose-sensei and Matsushita-sensei jabbered on in Japanese about what we should do. So now we know what to do and I just have to write it up. And it only took three meetings! Boy, do I love Japanese efficiency!

We've been practicing for taiko a lot, too. Same as always, twice a week. But the concert is Sunday, so we have to practice from one tomorrow and then from nine on Sunday. Yikes! At least we'll be ready - sort of! Nancy has to do this dance around bell song, which I think is awesome cute-o, but she thinks is stupid. But I have to wear a pink flower shirt (the flowers are made of hearts) so the way I figure it we're even.

So I guess it wasn't that bad of a week. After five months of doing nothing, even the smallest amount of work seems like a lot. After the conference it'll chill out a little bit so I can get back to my real job - studying Japanese!

Well, I'm going back under the kotatsu to finish my hot chocolate, so until next time!