Thursday, February 19, 2004

Because there are no classes, Thursdays have come down to choosing the location at which I can most effectively accomplish nothing. It wasn't even a contest.

The office has the Internet, with which I can google away the hours.

Not that the decision was entirely mine. I get the feeling that the school doesn't want me there on days when I don't teach. Maybe it's their way of handling me, to make sure I don't disrupt the day-to-day of the school more than I already do. So it isn't only me that wants to accomplish nothing with Thursdays, it's the school as well. Which is crazy, considering they flew me half way around the world to be here. But not them, really. The Japanese government flew me over here, and now the school has to figure out what to do with me. So here I sit, working on the blog.

It's a hard job, but somebody has to do it.