Monday, February 23, 2004

I'm beginning to lose my sense of humour. Today this kid threw a temper tantrum - kicking, screaming, grabbing, the whole nine - for the entire 45 minute class. Meanwhile four of the boys were playing tag in the hall, when they weren't too busy kanchoing one another. The whole gong-show didn't make for a very good fruit-absortion atmosphere: "Yeah, yeah, we all like apples. Now, let's kancho the spazzoid and see if his face'll turn purple." About when spazzer started throwing the karuta cards around the room, I decided the game was over, geared down into a rousing rendition of count-and-clap. "One-ni-three-yon..." Twenty minutes of counting to ten. I could hardly contain myself. Thank goodness the bell rang, at which point spazzer grabbed hold of my leg and, well... started humping it. "Sensei," I said, pointing. She came over and tried to get him off, but to no avail. I had to physically grab him by the scruff of the neck and peel him off. Another reason to learn Japanese: "Excuse me, spazzer, but if you don't stop humping me, I'm going to see you castrated." Now that would be something to laugh about.