Friday, February 06, 2004

Well, I think I can safely say that my allergy is under control. I got some new medicine and it seems to be working. I can breathe from my nose!! Now I can also start writing on the blog again. I basically slept the last 2 weeks away.

I don't know how it happened. I drove to school today and everything felt normal. I parked next to Kocho-sensei like always and headed into the school. I sat through the morning meeting and went to my first english class. We played go fish with vocabulary words. The game went well. I lost both times. Next, the gym teacher came up to me in a panick. "blab blab blab jidosha blab blab blab". Something about my car. The next thing I knew he had my car jacked up and the back tire replaced with the spare tire. Apparently I had a flat tire. The spare looks like one of those little plastic dingies that kids use in the lake. I hope it holds until I build up the effort and brain power to take my broken tire to be repaired. Damn.

Jon and I have had trouble making decisions over all sorts of things. Is this weekend a good time to invite some friends over for supper? Should we pay a lot of money to go snowboarding? Where should we go this March for our vacation? The conversation always seems to go like so...

"what do you think?"
"maybe. i don't know. what do you think?"
"hmmm. that's tough. we better decide."
"yah"
"so today you will not believe what my english teacher said...."

and thus, no decision is made. Are we, in fact, turning Japanese?