Wednesday, March 17, 2004

okay. i found the culprit. he works at my office. i hope he feels bad. i asked why he cut the tree and he said "it needed to be cut".

WHY?

"well, the branches were very long"

YES, but now there are no branches.

"well, there were many leaves. If I did not cut the branches, the leaves would have fallen on the veranda."

YES, but it was my house and I don't mind. I like leaves. Besides, all the leaves already fell off.

"well, truthfully, i like to cut trees"

HMMM, now it is very ugly. When i saw it, i was shocked and really sad. Next time, please don't cut it.

"well, it will grow back"

BUT not for a long time. So for the rest of my stay in Japan I will be sad everytime I look at that tree. I hate that it was cut. He could have trimmed it a little if it was a real issue - which it wasn't. Instead he went saw happy. Any suggestion for what I can do?