Tuesday, March 23, 2004

This may not be appropriate for some eyes but I just have to mention it.

Today I went to the Elementary school graduation. It was a little boring and a little long so I started to flip through a book I had been given. The school had made it. There was a lot of Japanese writing in it along with a few pictures.

Flip flip flip. Oh, there I am with some of my kids. Cute.

Flip flip flip. Some kids cooking, some kids cleaning, and some posing.

Wait a second. What does that kid's shirt say? No, it can't be! Yep, it is. In a huge, clear font.

"I have a long one"

I couldn't help but laugh. In part because they have no clue what it says or means. Just that it is English and as such, it is cool and in style. A stylish 10 year old. Indeed. I also laughed because it is so outrageous. Imagine trying to wear something like that at home. You would be sent home and be asked to never wear that shirt again. Ever.

Hmmm...I wonder what those shirts (or tattoos) with kanji say. I will never look at foreign language shirts in the same way again!