Sunday, June 27, 2004

Another busy weekend. On Friday Nancy had a date with some Japanese boys (actually, she was playing wingwoman for Christine, who had a date with one Japanese boy) so she went into the city around ten. I went to bed after that because the heat has settled in and it's exhausting. You can't even imagine the heat! I sweat from the moment I wake up in the morning until I go to bed at night. I take three showers a day, splash water on my face every chance I get, loose the shirt whenever I can, and drink lots of water.

Then Nancy had to work on Saturday, so I did some more sleeping. Maybe it wasn't such a busy weekend after all. I think I needed the rest. After work we went for a swim and then headed into the city for the big sayonnara party. It's already the end of the year, so we reserved 90 seats at the beer garden and had a huge bash. After that, it was time for some karaoke, which always costs three times what its supposed to and ends up a total gong show. This time was no different. Finally, we headed to a party being held in Hirome, which is where everyone hangs out in Kochi. A couple of DJs were playing and everyone was going, so off we went. There was some breakdancing, some good house music and some good times. After dancing it was hamburger time, so I ate two and headed for bed. We didn't get to sleep until about four, woke up around two, went for spaghetti, the ice cream, and then for frizbee by the river. It was a fun day, but work is going to come awfully early tomorrow.

Good night.