Tuesday, July 20, 2004

What a great weekend! I finally learned how to surf.  With the help of a friend of a friend, I stood up and road a wave all the way into shore.  It's like riding a bike, I think.  Now I'll never forget.  Nancy isn't far behind, either.  I figure three more days and she'll be in like Flynn. 

We went camping with a bunch of Japanese people.  Mari-chan from drumming invited us.  We brought our djembe and there were three or four madahls down at the beach, so we had a few jam sessions.  We had a bbq and surfed and slapped mosquittoes. 
 
We spoke Japanese the entire weekend.  There was an English teacher there, but she spoke Japanese to us, which was really cool of her.  It gave me more confidence with my Japanese.  

I am trying to study kanji right now, but every time I learn one I just turn around and forget it.  In one ear and out ther other, or rather, migi kara hidari.  Its hard, but I have to stick it out.  Just like riding a bike.