Thursday, August 19, 2004

Another day at work....

Today there are only about 4 people including me in my office. No one said a word to anyone except to say "soandso, you are wanted on line 1. It's whatshisface from suchandsuch school". One would assume that they are busy. This would be a good reason for not talking to your coworkers. Maybe they ran out of things to say. "It's hot" got boring. Plus, we have airconditioning so it wouldn't really apply. Perhaps they don't really like each other. No, I don't think that's possible. I have never seen anyone even look a little ticked off let alone raise their voice.

They must be busy. However, if this is the case, I don't know what they are doing. Take T-san for instance. He has been leaned back in his chair staring at his black computer screen for the last 30 minutes with no signs of wanting to snap out of it. The manager has been reading a book and taking smoke breaks. S-san has been leafing through books on his desk and photocopying various documents. Yamamoto-san has been busy making tea and coffee and preparing the afternoon snack. Today's snack is nashi - the pears that I hand-picked from the orchard 3 days ago. I guess Yamamoto-san has been busy. Slightly. And I,...I have been surfing the net and studying Japanese for the last 6.5 hours. Oh, I also cut out some pictures of Canada and Saskatchewan to put up on display on my English board. I am trying to think of some more display possibilities. Any ideas?