Thursday, October 14, 2004

I’m feeling a little bit frustrated today. I have been paying special attention to how many times someone talks to me. It has been really easy because out of the 24 or more teachers at this school, no one has said a thing to me. Not good morning. Not how are you. Nothing. I might be jumping the gun by saying that no one will talk to me but it is already almost 2:00. It is really sad. They don't even really talk to one another so I guess I shouldn't take so much offense. I want to work in an environment where a person talks to their co-workers.

Usually I try to take the initiative and talk to the other teachers but today I wanted to see if they would talk to me first. Thank God for the students, they are always eager to talk to me. However, “Hello Nancy!” and “Goodbye” can only get you so far. My patience is running thin today.

Tonight Jon and I have drum class. That always cheers me up. We get to sing Japanese songs while we play the drums. The other members in the class talk to Jon and I like we are normal humans. Not foreigners. I always leave that class feeling recentered.