Thursday, November 11, 2004

I have to write an article for my town newsletter – November edition. I don’t have any ideas about what to write. Any ideas?

Yesterday I experienced my first Japanese haircut. I have to admit I was very nervous. I love getting my hair trimmed but I am very picky about how much I want cut off. Last year, I was too scared of going to a Japanese stylist so Jon cut my hair and did a great job. The hair styles for women in Japan work on people with thick black hair, but would ruin my hair. I was worried I would end up with millions of layers thus leaving my hair scraggly and limp. However, I think this is the best haircut I have ever had. I went to this funky little salon in Jon’s city where our friend Mari works. She is still training so she washed and styled my hair but her boss did the actual cutting. I told him that he could cut off an inch. Obviously our ideas of how much an inch is was a little bit different. However, he didn’t give me layers, and I really like my hair cut. He was the pickiest hair stylist I have ever seen. It took an hour and a half. I think the cut really is perfect.