Friday, December 17, 2004

Today's classes are about Christmas. I start by telling them about the reason Christmas is celebrated and the orgin of Santa. I slightly touch on the commercialization of Christmas especially here in Japan. Next, I play "T'was the Night Before Christmas" on the stereo. I got ahold of a version with an old man's voice set to music. It is really nice; really Christmassy. When I was cleaning my house last weekend, I stumbled across a children's story book of Clement C. Moore's poem. It works really well because the students can look at the pictures as they are listening to the song. Then I teach my students how to make snowflakes. They really like it. Lastly, we use the snowflakes to decorate Christmas cards while we listen to Christmas music. Immediately after class, I give all the students a word search, a small Christmas card, and a Christmas sticker. I have finished one class and have two more to go. I am really enjoying today's classes.