Monday, January 17, 2005

After having a sick week last week, Jon and I are both back at work for 2 days. On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, we will be heading into the city for the mid-year conference. On Wednesday, we get to go to one 2 hour long art session. I picked calligraphy, handmade paper collage, and origami in that order. Last year I did origami and learned how to make all sorts of cool things including a wallet. Thursday and Friday are pretty slack - mostly just some presentations about how things should work at school (but they don't). Jon is presenting so he has to work a lot harder than i do. He presented last year too but I got placed in a different room. I hope I get placed in his presentation this year. It should be a good time - time to catch up with some friends I haven't seen in a while. There is only one thing I am not looking forward to. Out of 6 teachers that I work with, no one is coming with me. All other people at the conference will be in pairs. At least it isn't as bad as Vineeth's teacher who bailed on their team-teaching presentation.

"Hi. My name is Vineeth. I am here to talk to you about team-teaching. I have designed a model lesson to demonstrate my ideas. Unfortunately, S-sensei hates working as a team, public speaking, and teaching for that matter, so she will not be here today. Yes, that is right I will show you how to team-teach by myself."