Monday, April 18, 2005

Jon and I have been extremely busy with the musical we joined. Jon helps backstage. I am the mother of the star (I only have a 30 second debut at the beginning of the play when I say my 1 line) and a dancer. The dances were really hard to learn and a lot of work to memorize but they are a lot of fun!

Because we have been so busy, I have not had a chance to finish writing about my parents's visit. As Jon's mom, Joanna, is coming to Japan in 1 week and 3 sleeps (YAY!), I will try to finish up.

In Kyoto, after walking part of the Philosopher's Path, and waiting for dad to buy a samurai sword, we visited Kinkakuji's sister temple - Ginkakuji - The Silver Pavillion. It is a lot less spectacular than the brilliant gold Kinkakuji. Apparently, Ginkakuji was built with the intention of covering it in silver. The plans just never happened. Even so, the Zen Garden at Ginkakuji is spectacular. I can't even imagine how long it would take to rake the sand into the desired symbols.